Workout Windup: Hittin’ the Weights
That’s right everyone, Workout Windup is back! For those of you who are new to this neck of the blog-o-sphere, workout windup is my way of keeping track and setting myself up for a great week of workouts. It gives that level of accountability, while hopefully encouraging you to set your own weekly goals for some seriously awesome sweat sessions.
Now that racing season is on hiatus for me right now and I don’t have a big race lined up until November (as of now), I really want to focus on strength training. I do it as much as I can when training for races, but admit that I’m not always the best at sticking to a solid schedule. Now that physical therapy is over, I’m on my own with scheduling. Lucky for me, I have some awesome blogger friends who have invited me to a bunch of workouts this week, with some other fun things sprinkled in. Here’s what I plan on tackling:
- Figure 4 on Sunday at 3:30p.m. with blogger friends; upper body work at home
- Upper body work on Monday at 12p.m.; CrossFit intro class at 7p.m. with Jocelyn
- Easy 3-mile run on Tuesday at 6:30a.m. (if my quads don’t hate me); Yoga at 4:30p.m.
- Rest on Wednesday
- SoulCycle at 7a.m. or 7p.m. on Thursday (wait listed, so hopefully I get in!); lower body work at home
- Upper body work on Friday at 12p.m.
- Five or six-mile run on Saturday
- Upper body work at home on Sunday
Oh, and I’m thinking about joining a soccer league again, so I can regain my long-lost soccer skillz. I’d like to be less pathetic if I ever get to hang with Mia Hamm again. ‘Cause we’re best friends now. Totally.
What workouts are you rockin’ out this week? And what fun things did you do over the weekend?